Special Issue @ IJCV
Submission deadline: February 15, 2016
The International Journal of Computer Vision announces a new call for papers for a special issue on Looking at People.
The automatic analysis of humans, also named Looking at People, in still images and image sequences, considering different kind of visual modalities, keeps making rapid progress with the regular improvement of existing methods and the proposal of new paradigms that constantly push the state-of-the-art. Applications are countless, including human computer interaction, affective computing, human robot interaction, communication, entertainment, security, commerce and sports, while having an important social impact in assistive technologies for the handicapped and the elderly. This special issue aims at compiling the state of the art in all aspects of looking at people, including methods for modeling and analyzing: faces, hands, body, posture, behavior, interaction, context, and multimodality.
The participants of the Chalearn Looking at People workshop at ICCV 2015 are strongly encouraged to submit a paper.
The scope of this special issue includes, but is not limited to, the following topics applied to Looking at People:
- Gesture (hands & body), posture and sign recognition, analysis and synthesis
- Face recognition, analysis and synthesis
- Body motion analysis and synthesis, action/interaction recognition and spotting
- Context analysis for human behavior recognition in still images and image sequences
- Psychological, affective, and behavioral analysis
- Tracking systems on Looking at People
- 3D human analysis and multi-modal Looking at People
- Biometry analysis, identification and verification
- Looking at People for Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Data sets and evaluation protocols on Looking at People
- Computer Vision applications of Looking at People
Authors who are unsure whether their planned submission is in scope may contact the guest editors prior to the submission deadline with an abstract, in order to receive feedback.
You may submit your papers to the special issue through the Editorial Manager's website.
- Submission system starts receiving submissions: December, 1st, 2015
- Paper submission deadline: February, 15th, 2016
- Acceptance/rejection notification: May, 1st, 2016
- Tentative paper publication: July, 2016
- Sergio Escalera, Computer Vision Center (UAB) and University of Barcelona
- Jordi Gonzàlez, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona & Computer Vision Center
- Xavier Baró, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya & Computer Vision Center
- Isabelle Guyon, ChaLearn, Berkeley, California
- Hugo Jair Escalante, INAOE, Mexico, ChaLearn